Palestinian gunmen seize body of Israeli Druze man from hospital in Jenin, demanding exchange of bodies

CNN —Palestinian gunmen stormed a hospital in Jenin and seized the body of a young Israeli Druze civilian who had been in a car accident the West Bank, authorities on both sides of the conflict said Wednesday.
The gunmen are demanding the return of the bodies of Palestinians killed by Israeli troops, they said.
The victim, identified as Tiran Ferro, was involved in the accident on Tuesday alongside another civilian, Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said in a statement.
Ferro’s father told Israeli media the teenager was alive and taken off life support in a hospital by a group of Palestinian gunmen.
But Jenin governor Akram Rajoub told CNN that Ferro was dead when his body was taken.
Ferro’s father said: “When we were in the hospital, we were standing in front of the intensive care unit.
I was with my brother and my son, suddenly a gang of 20 masked men entered the room screaming.
“They kidnapped the body in front of my eyes,” Ferro’s father told reporters on camera.
The group also said it had raised the state of alert among its members in anticipation of Israeli forces storming the Jenin camp.
Tor Wennesland, UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process, is involved in the negotiations with the Palestinian group for the release of Ferro’s body back to Israel, a spokesperson told CNN.
The IDF said Ferro and another person had entered Jenin via the Gilboa-Jalame crossing, which has since been closed following Wednesday’s explosions in Jerusalem.
Tensions have been particularly high for months in Jenin amid a surge in armed assaults on Israeli troops and civilians this year.
Source