Parents say Walgreens mistakenly injected them and their two kids with the Covid-19 vaccine instead of flu shot
(CNN) Joshua and Alexandra Price say they and their two children were mistakenly given the Covid-19 vaccine instead of a flu shot a week ago at their local pharmacy -- and they are now dealing with some adverse symptoms.
The Prices took their 4- and 5-year-olds to the Walgreens in Evansville, Indiana, on October 4 for their yearly shots.
About 90 minutes later the pharmacist called saying they had made a mistake.
The entire family had been injected with adult doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.
"When they called us and told us that they had made a mistake and had given us the wrong shot, I was just in shock," Alexandra Price said.
"All I could say to them was, 'What does this mean for my kids?'"
Although Alexandra and Joshua, already fully vaccinated since last April, were concerned for themselves, they were more worried about Sophia, 5 and Lukas, 4.
"Lukas started feeling sick before we even got home from Walgreens," Alexandra said.